Prix d’ Amerique, 28 February 2013: Team Jampridem takes top honours.
The Jampridem yard were in sparkling form for the big occasion of the grand finals of trotting on Newturf yesterday – the Prix d’ Amerique:
Four times in the money, including two victories.
– In the 6 year old race with KWY du Mesnil.
– In the 2 year old race, with the mare Barquette d’ Or (already twice a finalist in the Royal Team Cup without having recording a victory.)
The history of KWY du Mesnil was already remarkable and demonstrates that there are real opportunities to be discovered in the auction room for those seeking talent.
The breeder, Marco17, allowed his stallion to leave for just €4 when he was a two year old, judging his flexibility and obedience to be too low to ever make a true champion. In the hands of the Belgian training guru, Haras du Trefle Noir and driven by the experienced Gobernador le Retour, he has progressed to record a string of victories and become a true equine hero:
– Placed 4 times from 5 attempts in Golden Races.
– Winner of the World Championship at both 3 and 4 years.
– Winner of the 4yo Criterium.
– Winner of the Prix d’ Amerique at 4 and 6 years.
A fairy tale!